And what an amazing year it’s been. Hard to believe that this time last year:
- I’d never self-published a book.
- I didn’t even own a kindle.
- I’d never been on Twitter or Facebook. I hadn’t even heard of Goodreads.
- I certainly had no plans to start up a blog.
And now, a year down the track, here’s what has happened:
- Not only did I self-publish an ebook. I did it twice.
- I read more books on my kindle than I do otherwise
- I’ve met an amazing group of fellow writers and reviewers out in the world of social media
- I’ve had my blog going for around seven months now. Even managed to pick up a few followers on the way.
On the way, I’ve had some amazing experiences. Seeing my books start to sell out in the big wide world has been amazing. Discovering readers out there who really enjoy my writing and seeing the great reviews for both Doodling and Flidderbugs out in the blogosphere and on my Amazon pages. And getting nominated for the Goodreads Choice awards, which certainly was a most unexpected pleasure. Seeing my book alongside those by people like Tina Fey and Ellen deGeneres was seriously exciting.
Posted by Jonathan Gould and tagged as