This blogging business is wonderful isn’t it. You readers get to know so much about me and about my life. It’s almost like we’ve become best friends.
What was that you said? You don’t actually know much about me? And here I was, thinking that I was sharing so much about myself for you all. Well, I’m going to have to fix that situation write away. So now, without delay, here are five really interesting things about me:
- I do the most realistic dog barks. I discovered that the secret is to draw air in, rather than pushing it out. I can walk down the street, barking away as if I’m one of the neighbourhood canines. Sometimes, I can get all the dogs in the street started (oh yeah, the neighbours love me). I’m not so much a dog whisperer and more of a dog annoyer.
- I don’t drink coffee. I know, it sounds like a cardinal sin for a writer, but I just don’t do it. I do like to sniff coffee. I think there’s no better smell than the smell of freshly brewed coffee. After that, I always find the taste is a bit of a disappointment. And besides, my mouth has a really low tolerance for heat. I have to wait so long before the coffee is at a temperature I can drink it, and then it seems to cool down really quickly. And there’s nothing worse than tepid, lukewarm coffee.
- I have a talent for walking on my hands. It’s easy. I just bend down and put my hands beneath my feet. Then I sort of scuttle along, always making sure that I keep my hands under my feet. I tell you, it never gets old.
- I eat a lot of apples. But not just any kind of apples. It’s granny smiths or nothing. I like my apples green and bitter. If it doesn’t make my face pucker up in pain, then it’s just not worth eating. Every day at work, I’ve become kind of legendary for my apple consumption. At 1pm precisely, you’ll hear the slap as I toss my apple in the air and then catch it with a flourish. I love the sound when you catch a nice fresh granny smith. I love the taste even more.
- I can play guitar upside down. I can play guitar rightside up too, but that’s not nearly as interesting. Mind you, I’m not particularly great at either. But being a left-hander who likes to play guitar, and given that most guitars are right-handed, it’s kind of fun to be able to pick up any guitar I find and bash out a few chords.
So there you go – you know a little bit more about me now. Hopefully that makes your life that little bit more complete.
Have a great week.
Posted by Jonathan Gould and tagged as