Well would you believe it? The last year just flew by and now 2016 is here. Time to start making plans to see what I’m able to achieve this year.
As always, I like to begin a new year by setting out some goals. It’s always fun to look back at the end of the year to see how I went with achieving them. So here goes:
1. The next novel – tentative title is “Through the Flame”. Currently I’m working through the first round of edits. It’s taking a while. The editor has done a really thorough job, which is great. But it means a lot of work and thinking on my part. I’m confident I’ll get there and am hoping to see the book released before the mid-point of the year.
2. The next picture book – titled “Bella and the Blue Genie”. The text is all written and edited. Over the next few months, the illustrations should be taking shape. Thinking hopefully May/June for a release.
3. Another picture book. Not sure what it will be titled as yet. I have a bunch of candidates and am working with the illustrator to select which one to push forward next. Pretty confident it can be released before the end of the year.
4. More picture books. I always set myself a goal to produce at least two more picture book texts. Let’s see how we go.
5. Another novel. Lots of ideas flowing in my head. Yet to put anything significant down on paper. I’d like to think I can make some progress on a first draft by the end of the year. Whatever I do, it will be several years before I have anything ready for publication.
So in terms of writing, that’s what I’m looking at. Three new releases, plus progress towards several others. I’m also looking to progress in other areas, particularly related to sales. Expect some changes to this website sometime soon.
Hope 2016 is also a great year for all of you.
Posted by Jonathan Gould and tagged as